100 Word Challenge - 30th October

Yet another 100 word challenge ;)
This time the prompt was . . . Here in the UK we are about to celebrate Bonfire Night when the skies will be full of fireworks. We have also recently enjoyed the festival of Diwali the Hindu celebration of light. So, with these events in mind the prompt this time is a series of words, all of which must be in your writing but they can be in any order.
flame,  swimming,  celebrated, white, tomorrow   

Swimming. In the pool, in the sea, in the river, It’s my happy place. I take one last lustful look at the white froth drifting ashore, and start jogging towards the big vicious flame surrounded by shapes dancing around it.

As I approach the bonfire, I see white smoke emerging from the bright orange blaze. My eyes make the shapes to be people, and as I move closer yet, the faces.

This year has come to an end, and celebration for all the good things that came to us.  A year has been celebrated, and tomorrow is another day, another year; For which new beginnings can commence.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Word Challenge

100 Word Challenge - 13 November