Camp Moment in time

                HAY 7DM!!! Here is my Moment in time, as promised!

Moment in time - By Shanan Saju
My hands and feet were trembling, my mind focused on what would happen next. I couldn’t hear anything yet many people’s mouths were moving in front of my eyes. Suddenly, someone from behind pushed me forward. I stumbled, my hearing coming back from the shock. I realised why I couldn’t hear before, my mind was too focused on the jump. As my eyes scanned the surroundings of different shapes and sizes of rock. I slowly edge forward, friends saying ‘Just Go!’ Gazing down, I see the greenish-brown river below. It looks like a 9m fall but it's only 4. How could I jump this?


I slowly edge forward one more time, my head spinning. My mind screaming ‘NO, NO, NO! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!’ Too late. One foot off the bumpy, cold rock, the next had to follow. I was falling for what seemed like forever. I squeezed my eyes shut as my heart pumped vigorously inside my chest, taking my breath away as I went. I tried to scream but I was moving so fast, no-one could hear. Curling myself into a ball, I prepared myself for the plunge into the emerald river.

‘SPLASH!’ I hit the water so suddenly, going into the deep, never-ending river of excitement. My thighs and arms hurt from my collision with the water. I rise back up, slowly, slowly. The river water closing in around me as I rise. The water ceasing me, trying to pull me back, deep into the murky water below. I resist, my tightly-fit lifejacket rebelling against the water. I was finally up. Taking a breath for what seemed like the first time, I swam out of the way for the next person to jump. My trusty life-jacket kept me afloat as I surveyed the amazing view. Rocks, trees and of course the magnificent river that I’m in right now! At this very moment another ‘SPLASH!’ came, showering me with little droplets of water. I looked down into the cold, reflective river, wondering what would happen next. . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Word Challenge

100 Word Challenge - 13 November